1. What to expect: reading, viewing, and assessments
- Time commitment (total - approximately 3 hrs)
- Video Time: 1.25.00
- Reading Time: 30.00
- Research Time: 1:00.00
- Writing Time: 1.00.00
- You will be expected to read and view multiple videos and websites
- You will be expected to conduct your own research on various concepts identified in this module and their relationship to mediation and negotiation
2. Learning objectives
By the end of this learning module, you will be able to:
- Identiy and discuss the most common Irish myths and folklore
- Identify core Irish myths
- Identify the process for researching folklore
- Identify and discuss ethical issues associated with folklore research
You will be expected to:
- Discuss the basic structural components of mythology and folklore
- Create your own mythical story to demonstrate understanding of core principles associated with mythological and folklore stories
- Complete the description and analysis of an Irish myth or folklore discovered as part of your research during the trip.
- Utilize conceps of myth and folklore in your journal entries, class and one-on-one discussions, exams, and writing assignments.
- Be able to discuss your answers to the questions posed in section Five.
4. Myths, Legends, and Folklore
- Myths and Legends
- What is Myth?
- What purpose do myths serve?
- World myths and legends in art
- What is folklore?
- American Folklore
5. Researching Folklore
- Research guide to folklore
- Follore Research Ethics
- Conducting Research
- Exploring everyday folklore
- Researching Folklore
6. Irish Mythology and Folklore
- Irish Folklore Travel Kit
- Irish Literature, mythology, folklore, and drama
- Top 10 Irish Myths and Legends
- Mythic Ireland
- Folklore and Mythology
- Encyclopedia Mythica
- Galway Folklore
- What role(s) do myth and folklore play in culture and society?
- What are the differences between myths and folklore?
- Describe the five most common Irish myths?
- What is the basic structure of a myth?
- How does one go about researching folklore?
- What are the ethical issues associated with folklore research?
- What are the basic concepts or issues that myths and folklore attempt to explain?