1. What to expect: reading, viewing, and assessments
- Time commitment (total - approximately 3.5 hrs)
- Video Time: 2.37.00
- Reading Time: 1.30.00
- Research Time: 1.00.00
- Writing Time: 1.00.00
- You will be expected to read and view multiple videos and websites
- You will be expected to conduct your own research on various concepts identified in this module and their relationship to Irish history
2. Learning objectives
By the end of this learning module, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of Irish culture, economy, and geography
- Identify and describe basic Irish traditions, customs, and etiquette
- Complete an exam that includes questions related to Irish culture and traditions
- Incorporate content in to group and one-on-one discussions, journal entries, and writing assignments.
- Utilize content in questions and discussions with individuals during the trip.
- Be able to discuss the questions outlined in section Six.
4. Overview of Ireland
A. Geography and culture (must have Hulu plus)
- OHM TV: Travel and Adventure: Gentile Ireland
- OHM TV: Travel and Adventure: The Island
- OHM TV: Travel and Adventure: Rugged Land
- Three Sheets: Ireland
B. Research Sources
- Information Please: Ireland
- CIA Fact book: Ireland
- TripAdvisor: Ireland
- Economic Freedom
- Irish Economy
- Economy of the Republic of Ireland
- Economy of Northern Ireland
- The Economy in Northern Ireland
5. Irish Culture
- Culture of Ireland
- Aran Islands
- A Guide to Irish Culture on the Web
- Irish Folklore
- Ireland - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette
- Irish Culture and Customs from Ireland
- Irish Traditions from PoliceUSA.com on Vimeo.
- What would you describe as the key components of culture in the Republic of Ireland?
- Is there such a thing as Irish culture? Take a position and defend.
- What would you describe as the key components of culture in Northern Ireland?
- What are the most important customs a visitor should remember when visiting Ireland?
- What are the most important rules of etiquette visitor to Ireland should remember?